Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Time flies in good company...

Now finally something in english...

Sunday was my last day in Spain. In the morning I took the train from Lleida to Barcelona, where I was supposed to catch a plane to Madrid (the train was full, that´s why I had to fly) and from there to Helsinki via Frankfurt. I missed my flight cause I thought the plane would leave at 15.10 when it was the time of arrival...So they told me at the airport they wouldn´t take me on board, but in the end I could change my flight and leave on time. 

In the plane I sat next to a spanish pilot and we started to chat. He had some friends in Finland and told me also about his trip to Peru! It´s always nice to travel when you have someone to talk with, the time goes so much faster...Anyway, when we got to Frankfurt I got invited to have dinner with him and his collague, and in the end 4 hours waiting didn´t seem that long after all! The guys were really nice and it was too bad I couldn´t stay longer but had to go back to the airport, although I was quite relieved when I finally arrived in Helsinki and got home after spending 17 hours travelling..

In the morning when I woke up in Lleida I never would have thought that in the end of the day I would be having dinner with a spanish and a british pilot in a hotel restaurant in Frankfurt. Life is full of surprises!

No comments: